Thursday, September 28, 2006

Pandas and other

I keep waking up with this nervous anxious feeling. I wonder is today the day that the Vietnam program opens for our agency? I can hardly stand it any longer, I keep being told that "with in a month it should be open" only to have that month come and go. I figure if the agency re-opens we should hear first thing in the morning because of the time change in Vietnam. No happy e-mail this morning, Fridays are particularly difficult because of the weekly update that gets sent from the agency.Last friday there was no news to update but when I e-mailed the agency requesting some information from them they told me about how the interview with the Hanoi police went well and they are awaiting a letter of recommendation and then their license will be issued. HELLO is that not some news? It's a hell of a lot better than "nothing to report". Oh, I hope tomorrow brings good news to everyone waiting for agency license, referral, travel approval... whatever you are waiting for "good luck"

On another note, I was watching T.V the other night and I saw a commercial for a well known toy company. There were many cute babies of all races on the commercial which obviously caught my eye. Just as I was noticing the very cute Asian baby I noticed the toy the baby had in his/her hand... a panda bear. I thought figures give the Asian baby the panda bear I'm sure pandas must be his favorite animal in the world! I never thought before that I would be the type of person to get annoyed at things like that, maybe I was blowing the whole thing out of proportion, maybe he really did want to play with the panda, but somehow I doubt it.
Overly sensitive already and the baby isn't even home yet, oh boy.

6 comments:

bluefairy said...

Hi Ange.
I really hope the agency gets its approval soon...the my dh and I can start out file.....you guys must be getting very impatient.

Kelly said...

I really really hope that your agency gets their license soon. I know this must be so hard.

LaLa said...

I hope your agency gets approval soon. My daughter, who is Chinese, loves Pandas. She always makes them growl really mean though ; )

Stephanie said...

Hope your agency gives you good news very soon. I know how hard it is to wait.

mellow & yellow said...

Hey there,
I read your post with a few tears today. I have really been struggling with the same thing. Adoption for BC to Vietnam still hasn't opened. I have had a lot of people ask about our babe and getting hard to keep up the same refrain "No news, still praying.." Everytime I say it I hear my own voice falter more and more. I finished my homestudy in March and still nothing...
Yours in good company :)

mellow & yellow said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.