Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Turning Thirty



Remember this episode? I sure do, when thirty seemed so far away. Today is my birthday, Gavin & I went away for the weekend to celebrate it, we are trying to do as many things as we can before the baby comes. We have decided that we are going to count down the months to baby by doing things once a month that we can't really do with the new baby. For example last month we went to the spa, this month weekend away, you get the picture. I figure that by doing these things it will give us something to look forward to besides "the call".
What else have we been up to? We've been painting ALOT. We've painted the family room, kitchen, master bedroom & babies room. Next we will probably paint the ensuite bathroom & then the livingroom& hallway.It will be good to get this finshed before we get the baby.
Also we've been trying to read as much as we can about adoption. I've been reading the book Real Parents,Real children by van Gulden/Bartels- Rabb,and Gavin has been reading World Food Vietnam,while I focus on attachment & bonding he focuses on what we are going to eat! (I'm just kidding, sort of).

4 comments:

KelleyO said...

What an awesome idea counting down the months with cool baby free activities!!! Happy Birthday! You are just a baby!

Jo said...

I also just repainted everything trying to keep busy... Now time to buy new decorating items!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Joanne said...

Happy Birthday Ange!
Good strategy with dividing up reading between the two of you!
We are painting now too. For me, I think it's about needing a change.
It's a poor substitute for the REAL change we hope for.
Hope you had a wonderful, relaxing day.

Solbergs said...

Hey there, thanks for the words of support! Happy Belated Birthday too!

Where are you in the process? Keeping busy gets really hard, but painting helped me too!

We are book on the books with a ceremony date of April 2! Woo hoo!