Thursday, April 12, 2007

I'm Tired


I'm Tired, so very tired. I accepted a permanent NIGHT position at work, 10:30pm to 6:30am. Foolishly I believed that the nights position would make my time go faster, like how I am at work late on monday, all of a sudden it's tuesday get it?.Yeah I was WRONG, in fact the very opposite is happening. For example, I go to work on monday night, most hours are after midnight so really it's tuesday, work tuesday, home tuesday, sleep, get up(yep still tuesday) go back to work late tuesday...& on & on it goes(like this sentence).
In positive night shift news, I should be home when/if I ever receive the referral call from the agency. This was important to me, I wanted to be the one to tell Gavin the good news. Also, by the time we travel to Vietnam I should be on Vietnam time! & so I should be wide awake when everyone else is very sleepy.
In other adoption news, I've got NOTHING. Agency rep is in Vietnam now, hopefully we will hear of some progress in the coming weeks. Gavin & I were talking the other day about the wait, I think he is shocked at how well I've been handling the wait. For some reason I've been at a sense of peace lately. Hopefully that continues & good news is heard soon. I hope that May brings good news to everyone waiting for something, whether it's homestudy completetion,a referral, travel news,...
If I don't post for awhile, don't worry I'm just sleeping.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband worked nights for years and he grew to LOVE it. He misses those hours. It will definitely come in handy for Vietnam, although the flights themselves will wear anyone down! I hope you hear some good news soon.

Susan said...

Great, great planning for the time difference! What a smart cookie you are. I bet you'll be loving the night shift when you don't have to go through the time adjustment.

(Hope it gets better for you really soon.)

Jo said...

I too hopes May brings great news to all of us.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Seymour is happy to have a sleeping buddy during the day too!
Hope your body clock adjusts soon.

Stacy said...

I worked overnights last year for almost nine months. Thought it'd work well for me cause I'm such a night person, but boy was I anxious to get rid of them. I so understand how tired you are and how it messes up your days! Good luck on the waiting for adoption - hope you have news soon!

Anonymous said...

Cute kitty