Friday, August 29, 2008

Baby News

On June 12th we learned that we were expecting our second child. I could not believe it when two dark pink lines showed up immediately on the pregnancy test. I was expecting the test to be negative, especially because I tested earlier than the recommended test date.

Much to my surprise I saw this:



I called my mom immediately, & then tried to wait patiently until Gavin came home to tell him the news. I wrapped the test in a gift bag & had Owen carry it to him. He had no idea what was going on. Gavin had a look of shock on his face when he looked at the test. Although he was happy, he didn't really believe it. He wanted me to test again in a few days. I did, the results were the same, we were pregnant.

With my family Doctor on maternity leave I had to have the pregnancy confirmed at a walk in clinic. We were recently referred to an OB, & heard the baby's heartbeat last week. Today we had an ultrasound, which confirmed that there was only one baby in there! The baby was kicking & moving his/her hands around.
So exactly 1 year + 1 day after seeing Owen's referral picture we saw this:


We are 15 weeks pregnant, & the baby is due February 19th. The pregnancy has been going great so far. I still have morning sickness but not as bad as in the first trimester. Other than that I feel great & am ready to meet baby number 2! My belly has been expanding by the week & Owen has taken it upon himself to keep poking me in the belly & laughing. Kids can be so honest sometimes. We also have no plans on finding out the gender, we are looking forward to that surprise.
Just click on the above picture to make it bigger.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LaLa said...

Huge Congrats!!!! So exciting..hope all continues to go well.

Leslie & Shaune said...

ANGE!!! how exciting. i am so happy for you and for owen to be getting a little brother or sis.

big smiles.
leslie

Anonymous said...

MANY Congratulations from our house to yours!!! We are so excited for you!!! Can't wait to see you.
Cheryl

Dawn said...

Woo Hoo ~ CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the ultrasound. It is so amazing to see the level of development at 15 weeks. Congrats again. It is wonderful news.

Liz

bluefairy said...

Congrats to the three of you....What wonderful and fantastic news! I hope all continues to go well...

Sara said...

Congratulations!! What wonderful news I am sure Owen is thrilled to be a big brother.

Catherine said...

congratulations Ange!! What wonderful news!

Joanne said...

Congratulations Ange, Gavin and Owen!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I could not be more excited for you! Congratulations - nothing like losing your computer for a week and a half and coming back to this news! YEAH!!!!!

Jo said...

Wow!!!! Congrats, I am so excited for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Ange, Gavin and Owen:
Congratulations to you all and your growing family. Hope you continue feeling good in the upcoming months.
Miss you
Katrina Littlejohn