Saturday, December 13, 2008

30 Weeks


I can't believe that we are at 30 weeks already, it seems like we learned of the pregnancy just days ago. In less than 10 weeks our baby will be due, & will be considered full term in less than 8 weeks. We have agreed on names, & are now deciding on middle names that we like.

Our prenatal classes are going well. Although, this past friday we watched a video of three births, and things seem a little "simplified" on the video. I'm expecting things to be quite a bit more difficult than the video depicted. Also the husbands on the video were really annoying, I've already warned Gavin to not say the things that these husbands were saying to their partners! After watching the video we were split up into male and female groups so that we can discuss our fears. One girl in our group is terrified of giving birth, she actually starts to cry when she thinks about it. I often wonder if and when the fear of the birth will hit me, so far I've been quite calm thinking about the birth, I expect the anxiety and anxiousness to increase as the due date nears.

In other exciting baby news we learned today that we are expecting a nephew in early may! Also, a friend just learned of her tentative travel date to unite with her son in Vietnam! So many baby boys joining their families soon. We can't wait to welcome all of them home. So many new babies for future play dates!

3 comments:

Jules and Danny said...

I didn't think you'd be blogging today since you said you were so very tired! Deliveries do go text-book like for some people... maybe for you... and then you won't have to hit that scared state! And talking to Gavin ahead of time about what not to say is a good idea! I think you've got a good one there...

Samantha said...

Hi,
I'm finding your blog really helpful as we wait for out travel date to Vietnam. (past posts)
I hope you don't mind, I want to copy some of what you wrote about attachment for our blog.

Anonymous said...

Awe Ang, you look So cute. I just looked at the video of Owen. He is so adorable. When are we going to get together?? I guess it will have to be in the new year now. Have a great Christmas.
Beckie