Wednesday, February 17, 2010

1 Year Old!

Happy Birthday Noah! yesterday I spent time thinking about when Noah was born. At lunch I was remembering contractions getting worse and the first trip to the hospital, at dinner I was thinking about the incredibly strong contractions I was having just moments after being sent home, in the evening I was thinking about telling Gavin we had to go back to the hospital NOW!. I thought I'd be awake in the middle of the night to reflect on Noah's actual birth but the little guy slept through the night! It must have been his birthday present to us :). We've had a fun 1st year with Noah and are looking forward to fun things to come!

I need to work on getting a better picture of Noah standing. He will stand alone & has even taken a few steps on his own! The most steps he has taken so far has been six. As soon as he gains a bit of confidence he'll be off! I expect he'll be walking by 13 months for sure. Go Noah Go!

He is always missing one sock, usually the right one. The way he steps and cruises around furniture somehow causes his sock to fall off :)

He loves his bath! it is his favourite time of the day I think. You should hear him yell and fuss when we take him out of the bath! the little guy has a good set of lungs and will really tell you off.



My guess is Noah is about 22lbs, I will know how much he weighs next week when we go for his twelve month check-up. He's been eating tons of food at meals, and isn't a picky eater. His least favourite food is potatoes, it doesn't matter how they are cooked. He will still eat them, but makes a funny face while doing it.

updated: I was way off on my guess for Noah's weight. He is still only 19.2 lbs.(about 10th percentile) I think he has gotten so much taller I thought he'd gotten heavier too! he is 76cm tall ( a little above the 50th percentile) and his head is growing a little too, thank goodness :) 45cm (about the 25th percentile).

Our boy is a boy of few words (mama, dada, baba), few teeth (he has 4), an explorer, curious about everything. He finds trouble everywhere, he's a climber, a risk taker, a yeller & screamer, a fighter and yet a total mamas boy! We love him so much, happy 1st birthday Noah!

We are having a family birthday party on sunday & will have pictures and video to share then of his birthday party.

A look back at Noah's first year
January- 11 months old

December - 10 months old

November- 9 months old

October- 8 months old

September - 7 months old

August- 6 months

July - 5 months

June- 4 months

May- 3 months

April - 2 months

March - 1 month

February - 1 week

5 comments:

Jules and Danny said...

Happy Birthday Big Guy! I love the retro pictures. So wonderful to have one at each month. Can't wait to head to little feet when both our monsters are walking!

Jeff D said...

Happy Birthday Noah! I'd call, but he's not talking too much yet. Can't wait for the party this weekend!!

B said...

Happy Birthday sweet boy!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Noah! We love you!!! A, T, & K

Samantha said...

Happy Birthday! Maybe we will meet in the next year.
Max & Vanh