Thursday, November 23, 2006

The wait that ends all waits

I don't like to wait. There I said it, now it's time to get over it. I had this "discussion" with Gavin last night it went something like this, Me-"Why can't I have what I want BEFORE I even know I want it?" you can imagine for yourself the look on his face, and if you're my mother you would be thinking "that poor poor man".
Does that not sound like the most juvenile thing to say in the world? Of course Gavin with the ever logical explainations said " So what are you going to do, not wait? No one promised you any different".
As I waited for him to apologize for not listening to my feelings, I realized he was right again. No one ever promised me that the wait would be easy, or would it be a short wait. But, I've always known for myself that the wait would be worth it, and if this baby can wait for parents, I can wait for this baby.
Then I thought to myself that things could be MUCH worse. I could be my baby's birth mother who has to "WAIT" for the terrible day that she must leave her baby and walk away knowing that she will probably never know what has become of him or her.So as I wait for my life to begin, she waits for a piece of her life to end. I'm going to endure the wait, and be happy in the end, forever grateful to someone else that is sacrificing so much more than I ever could imagine.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am waiting right behind you and really looking forward to following your journey. I hope you give the rest of us lots of travel hints. I can barely handle the wait and my dossier only left Canada last Wednesday.

Waiting with you, in the GTA(greater ontario area- fot those of you not familiar),
Bev

Kelly said...

you girl, are an angel. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I really needed to hear them today.

mellow & yellow said...

SNIFF SNIFF!
Hi Ange,
I am really struggling here too. We are still waiting for the email to tell us that we are starting to get our dossier together. We have been done our homestudy for 8 months +. I love your perspective. And bless the birthmamas on their journeys too.

Rachel said...

Ange, I've had so many moments like that. Waiting is SO incredibly hard. I'm sure I don't have words to make it easier, just hang in there. We're all in it together, we all understand.((hugs!))

Susan said...

Oh, Ange, thanks for this post. The wait is getting to me, too. Now, though, I can see a completely different viewpoint thanks to you. Stay strong!