Friday, January 12, 2007

Math stinks!

INCREASE IN FAMILIES WAITING + DECREASE IN BABIES = LONGER WAIT TO REFERRAL all of this = CRAPPY no matter how you put it.
Average time to referral as estimated by our agency has increased from 6-9 months, to 9-12 months. However, I decided to clarify with our agency as to if they were calculating the wait from log in date, or from dtv,& to my surprise they are estimating from DTV. I should have asked this before, it's been weighing on my mind for a long time. Realistically I know we have a long wait ahead of us, like close to 9/10 months to referral, but at least it's not a year from today!
Those of you in the adoption world can appreciate the glimmer of hope this brings! I was beginning to feel like we were being tested, like someone was saying " are you sure you want to do this?... how about now?" almost haunting and taunting like, strange I know. But, this little glimmer of knowing we were waiting already is what I needed to keep going.
YEAH! for small victories!

6 comments:

Jo said...

All the changes in wait time stinks, we went from 3-6 month wait to 9-12 months.... Our Dossier will be there 7 months on Monday(not that I'm keeping track!!)

So keep your chin up remember your little one will be worth the wait. My husband keeps reminding me that we will have her for the rest of our lives, so we can handle a few more months.

Just think, you will be able to get settled into your new house and do the babies room just like you want it and not have to hurry to get it together.

Stephanie said...

No matter how you add it up waiting is so hard. I hope and pray that you will get some really good new about your referral soon.
I'm with you small victories are worth saying "yeah" for.

Stephanie

Joanne said...

Thank you for asking that question Ange. It makes me feel better too!

Rachel said...

I'm glad to hear the wait is from DTV. It doesn't sound nearly as daunting knowing you've already tackled some of the wait!

LaLa said...

Glad for your glimmer of hope. It is so hard to hear that the times are increasing but even though it makes it harder for us I do like the "decrease in babies" number. I am always happy to hear there are less children ending up in orphanages. Here's to speedy referrals for all of us!

Kelly said...

I agree with Jo, the increase in wait times stinks. in fact, it double stinks. Hooray for small rays of sunshine like finding out that you are allready in the "wait zone." Ten months is not great, but it is better than 12 months.