Sunday, May 13, 2007

New Friends & A New Carrier

On Saturday we met with a group of other families that are in process of adopting from Vietnam. We had lunch at Saigon Sister a Vietnamese restaurant in Toronto.
Lunch was great, and it was a wonderful way to spend Mother's Day weekend. I am looking forward to getting to know these new friends better, and it was nice to be able to put a face to the names of those that have blogs, and to those that I e-mail constantly.
I keep thinking that I would love to travel with any of them, & hopefully that happens soon for some. The latest gossip seems positive, and people feel that good news is coming soon. I sure hope they are right! I would love to be able to surprise Gavin with a referral around Father's Day.
Also, Gavin has been looking into buying the perfect baby carrier. He decided it would be best to purchase one that promotes attachment, and so we decided on the ergo.

6 comments:

Jo said...

I have heard good things about the Ero. I have a babyhawk and can't wait to use it!!!

Me-Viet said...

I'm a huge fan of ERGO.I think you guys will enjoy it very much.
I got a denim one for our boys and we use it a lot and it's great for travel. I'm eyeing for the new cranberry one for our daughter.
Hope to hear the good news from you soon.

Anonymous said...

That's so great that you were able to get together with another Vietnam family. I hope that good news comes soon. :)

Leslie & Shaune said...

hi,
do you know when your next meeting/dinner will be? i would love to meet up with your group. i belong to another group as well = GTA Waiting Mommies for China and vietnam adopting moms. There are 4 Vietnam adopting families so far in the group. We met the same evening your group did.
Anyhow, i would love to hear more about any news you've learned. I hope that you will get your referral very soon - that would be one really amazing fathers day gift surprise!

leslie

mellow & yellow said...

Looks like a sweet carrier!

Rita said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.