Saturday, November 15, 2008

Baby #2 Update

We are now 26 weeks pregnant and nearing the third trimester. I was shocked when I pasted the ticker on the blog & saw that there were less than 100 days to go! Time is speeding by, & we are no where near prepared. Gavin & I have decided that we will focus on getting everything ready for the baby early in the new year. That way, we can concentrate on preparing for Christmas with Owen & try to keep relaxed through the remainder of the year. Of course that plan may change in less than a month because we start our birth classes early December. How's that for a reality check!
Belly baby is growing right on target, as am I. Total weight increase so far has been 15 pounds, & I'm definitely getting "rounder". The baby is laying in a transverse position (across the belly). There is still lots of time for it to move head down, but so far it seems to like that position. Apparently 1% of babies are in this position making a vaginal birth impossible. However, after 32 weeks it is possible for a health care professional to try & turn the baby. Obviously we are hoping the baby clues into the fact that it is NOT coming out like that & needs to move around.
At 26 weeks, the baby's eyelids are opening, he or she responds to touch & sounds & is in the most active phase of movement. You can clearly see my belly move when the baby kicks or hiccups, & you can easily feel the movements from outside the body. Gavin can now hear the heartbeat just by putting his ear to my belly. It has been a really great experience for us.

Here are a few belly pictures to see the changes that are happening.

20 weeks



22 weeks


26 weeks

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Hope everything is going well with your pregnacy. Owen will have a sibling to play with soon.
Good Luck and Best Wishes
Love
Elaine

Jules and Danny said...

Looking awfully cute! Definitely looking pregnant in these pictures...
jules

Leslie & Shaune said...

your belly looks so sweet and round. congrats to you - enjoy!@

Heather said...

My 3rd bio child was transverse lie. She could actually move to head down and back to transverse at will.That was very painful when she did that.At 35 weeks they told me she was transverse and I would have a 5% chance of having a vaginal birth. I was determined not to have a csection so I let them turn the baby at 35 weeks.This went well but the baby turned itself back to transverse within 24 hours.At 36 weeks Dr decided in order to avoid a csection he would turn the baby again and immediately induce labor to avoid her turning back on her own. This worked and she was born a normal viginal delivery. It turned out she had a realy small head(less then 10% percentile)and that was how she could manuver in and out of the head down position.

I wish you luck with this new preganancy.

I have 19 month old "twins" from Vietnam adopted in oct 2007.