Tuesday, November 25, 2008

DR. Appointment

Today was the day that I had my glucose tolerance test. I have read that the orange drink tastes like flat orange pop, it wasn't too far off. I was surprised by how much I had to drink & how quickly. It didn't taste that bad ( I suppose if you hate orange flavour, then you wouldn't want to drink it), also it was a chilled drink so it went down easier. I am guessing that I won't hear anything about the test results unless there is a problem.

I was able to go to my OB appointment and not have to wait around for the hour before getting my blood taken. We heard the baby's heartbeat again, it sounded "nice & strong" according to the nurse. The heartbeat is so clear, loud & easy to find. I was weighed again & measured & everything looks good. My weight is up another 4 pounds, I've been gaining steadily so far. I am guessing that during this final trimester I will gain approx 10 more pounds. Bringing the total weight gain up to 30 pounds. We shall see, I likely just jinxed myself. We were also advised to start monitoring the fetal movements this week. Apparently I am to feel the baby move at least six times in a two hour time frame. If I notice a decrease in movement we are to go to the hospital, so that the baby can be monitored. So far it is quite obvious that the baby moves more often than that.

I had a few questions this time for the Dr. Mostly my questions were work related. It appears that I am free to work as long as I'd like, or until it is too uncomfortable, or until my water breaks, whichever comes first. I was worried about the heavy lifting & all of the bending that I have to do. The Dr. assured me that my body is use to that type of work now & that I should be safe to continue working.

We received a package of paperwork to be filled out for the next appointment in three weeks. The paperwork is all of the hospital pre-admission forms, including pain management, number of people in the delivery room etc. I suppose it is time to start thinking about all of that. After 30 weeks, we will see the Dr bi-weekly.

Thursday marks 28 weeks, 7th month, third trimester. However you say it, it means we are getting close.

3 comments:

Jules and Danny said...

I am so glad to hear that things are going really well. You must be so excited to feel the baby moving so much. I need to drop off the book for Owen before that little baby gets here...

Catherine said...

Congrats Ange! How neat it must be to feel baby moving around! Not long now.

Anonymous said...

It is not long now! Please continue to keep us posted!