Saturday, July 04, 2009

1st Date!

Last evening Gavin & I went out for dinner for the first time without the kids attached to us since Noah's been born. My mom watched the boys while we had almost two peaceful (quiet) hours to enjoy. It was a much needed escape. We don't get out very often without them, we left Owen with my mom for the first time after we had been home for ten months & this was only the third date since having kids! Noah has been showing signs of separation anxiety, every time I put him down he cries & scans the room looking for me. Amazingly he didn't cry once for my mom ( i think he's learned how to get my attention quickly), & Owen was great as well. Noah didn't sleep while my mom was here & you could tell he was tired when we got home. This picture was taken after we put him in his jumperoo to say goodbye to my mom.

He fell asleep in seconds! maybe he was just waiting for his mommy to come home?

1 comment:

Jules and Danny said...

Great picture of Noah zonked right out. I hope you and Gavin had a wonderful time... and you know that you can take little mini dates with minimal planning and effort with just a phone call... we're only 10 minutes away!
j