Thursday, September 17, 2009

7 Months Old

Wow 7 months old already!. I can't get over how quickly time is passing (I know I always say that), the past few days I've been thinking about when I have to return to work. I am so not ready to end my maternity leave, only a few more months! Seven months was how long I was off with Owen, & while we are lucky to have that long of a parental leave in Ontario, it is still not long enough.

This past month has brought huge changes for my sweet Noah, he is no longer my little baby. Suddenly he went from sitting for very short periods of time on his own, to sitting completely alone for huge lengths of time. It's crazy that it literally happened overnight. One day he was pushing himself backwards while sitting & the next he's sitting up straight, & regaining balance all on his own.

His new favourite thing is to stand up. He can stand holding onto something, or pull himself to standing holding onto your hands. When we sit him back down he gets so mad, he just wants to stand all of the time.



He is really wanting to crawl, but hasn't figured it out yet. When he's on his belly he looks like he is trying to swim. A few times he's gotten close to getting his knee under him, I'm sure he'll figure it out soon enough. Usually while trying to get moving he gets himself flipped over onto his back, that really gets him angry! He gets so frustrated when he can't get moving. I'm not ready for a mobile baby just yet, but I'm thinking I may only have another month or so.

Still no teeth for the little guy, I'm sure they are to blame for his sleepless nights. Just two nights ago he moved into his own bedroom! I think it will be best for all of us, we are hoping that everyone sleeps better having their own space. I was expecting to move him into his own room around the five month mark, but suddenly five months turned into seven!

Oh & this was my 200th blog post! never thought I'd see the day...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow-- he doesn't look like a baby any more in those photos! Boy do they ever grow quick. Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

Jules and Danny said...

Only 200... I would have thought there were so many more!
Noah is growing so fast. I watch what he is doing and wonder about Molly and what she is doing now!

mam said...

Happy blog anniversary and Noah's 7 month birthday. Those huge blue eyes always look startled to me in your photos. Adorable!