Sunday, September 11, 2011

1 Month

The last couple of weeks have been so busy that I haven't found the time to take the camera out and snap photos of our little baby! I was able to take a few pictures this afternoon while the other kids napped, but I really need to make an effort to take some more photos of Grayson.

At 3 weeks old Grayson developed baby acne, it's common with newborns and there isn't much you can do to treat it. I've just been washing his face a couple of times a day with warm water and a soft washcloth and it doesn't appear to be as bad as it was last week. Hopefully it clears up soon but I have read it can last a few months.

Grayson feeds every 2-3 hours and has given us an occasional 4 hour stretch of sleep, but a 2 hour sleep pattern seems to be routine lately. He has been waking at 5am the last few nights/mornings to feed and that has made for some very early mornings for me. No time to nap or rest much during the day and it's taking a toll on me! Last night when I woke to feed Grayson I realized I hadn't changed into my pajamas - I'm in serious need of sleep! All that feeding must be doing something though because my sweet baby now weighs 9lbs 5oz, his height is 55cm, and his head circumference is 37cm.

I just love this little face :)


We caved and gave him a soother - he was feeding and then soothing for an hour at a time and it was far too much for me.


The photo is blurry so I'll have to work on getting a better one soon - but he's been smiling more the last couple of days. I'm not sure if he was smiling when he recognized me or heard my voice this afternoon - but I like to think he was :)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

what a precious little sweetie! Hope his feeding times lengthen soon to give Mommy some well deserved sleep time!

In that top pic I can see similarities to Noah.