Tuesday, November 15, 2011

On Halloween morning as I was dropping off Owen at school, his teacher informed me that they were having their monthly Celebrates assembly and Owen would be receiving an award! I was really thankful my mom could come and watch the kids while I attended the assembly. Owen was surprised to see me and I enjoyed a few minutes witnessing what his little kindergarten life was like at school :) There are often times I wish I could spy on him and see what happens in a day :)

The Celebrates award recognizes a student from each class that displayed certain qualities that month. They are nominated by the teacher and awarded a certificate during the assembly. Owen's award was for being a discerning believer in faith, a good friend, and doing good deeds for others. He was very proud when his name was called and so was I :)



Owen has been talking more about the way people behave and what kind of behaviours make "good friends" I'm hoping these lessons lead him to find good friends and take him far in life! way to go Owen!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Way to go Owen! What beautiful qualities your sweet son is already demonstrating in his young life! I know I am very thankful for the friendship he shares with Hannah. Kinda like having a caring 'big brother' around!

Kaila said...

Oh my!!! that is awesome, congrats Owen!!! I would be that crazy mom in the background yelling "Ya that's my kid"..lol. What a sweet boy :)