Thursday, December 20, 2012

Surprise Lunch With Santa

Noah's preschool had a lunch with Santa this past monday. We surprised Owen by taking him out of school early for the lunch & we didn't tell the boys that Santa would be there. As soon as Owen saw Santa he said " that's NOT the real Santa" I thought he'd start putting things together quickly since we've visited a couple of Santa's this year, but his comment caught me by surprise. We told him that this Santa must be one of Santa's helpers because Santa is so busy this time of year. I wonder how long it will be before he really starts to question things?


Grayson loved staring at Santa

The boys made more reindeer food - we have 4 bags to sprinkle on the lawn on Christmas Eve. I wonder if we'll remember to do it.


Grayson was fine to sit on Santa's knee & didn't cry. I asked Noah what he asked Santa for & he said "I already told Santa at the mall what i wanted!" so I guess Noah was playing shy for this Santa. Owen asked for a telescope & ride- on motorized car.

It was a fun way to surprise the kids!

In the afternoon we decorated a gingerbread house. It was pre-built (my kind of activity) & the kids had a great time putting on the candy decorations.




The finished product turned out well! maybe next year I'll purchase some houses & each can decorate their own. It had to be well monitored as to who's turn it was, who was putting on what candies etc. But in the end they had fun & are looking forward to breaking it & tasting it :)



1 comment:

Catherine said...

What a fun way to surprise your kiddos!

The house was a great little project too!