Tuesday, March 17, 2009

4 weeks old

We've been a family of 4 for 4 weeks now! unbelievable really. Time is speeding by & I wish I could have time stand still for a little while. I'm really enjoying the newborn baby phase, but it makes me sad to think about the first eight months of Owen's life we missed. I know that what's important are the firsts that we experience with Owen now, but still, I can't help but think about the questions he will have in the future & the answers we just don't have.

Noah has a doctor's appointment next week, so i will have an update on his weight then. I can tell he's gaining weight though, he has more than one chin :) He has been eating 3 ounces a feeding, and wakes up every two hours or so to feed throughout the night. Hopefully he will start to sleep a little longer as we are all getting tired. Luckily, he doesn't wake up Owen in the middle of the night, I worried about that for nine months for nothing. Noah loves to be cuddled and held. I'm hoping to buy a swing for him this coming week (maybe an early Easter present), and try him in that. He likes to be rocked & walked around, he is most content on the move.

Owen has been a wonderful big brother. He has become much more loving and gentle with Noah. He doesn't seem to be acting out of jealousy the same way he was the first week or so. I am so proud of him. I feel for Owen because there is significantly less one on one time during the day with him. As much as I love when their naps overlap a little bit (it doesn't happen often), I also love that i get to spend time with just Owen. that has been the hardest adjustment for me. It was so easy to take Owen out everyday & do fun things together.,now we're lucky if everyone gets dressed in the morning. We are slowly adjusting to our new normal, soon it will feel like it's always been this chaotic :)

chubby cheeks and neck rolls :)



half smile

1 comment:

Jules and Danny said...

Love the pictures... love, love, love them! Especially the one of both boys together. I am hoping for more sleep for you all soon.
jules