Friday, May 21, 2010

My Little Baker


One thing Owen and I love to do together is bake. I know he especially loves to eat the delicious treats but I hope someday he will love the memory of baking with mommy even more. We bake at least once every couple of weeks, it gives us something to do during daycare, the kids get to take treats home, and I get to have a treat myself while they are all napping in the afternoon.

When growing up my friend Cathy's mom used to bake us these delicious cookies called monster cookies. Recently she gifted me with the recipe and we have made the cookies for the second time this month!


Monster Cookie Recipe:

3 eggs
1/4 cup margarine
3 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp corn syrup
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
4 1/2 cups quick oats
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup M&M's
1 1/2 cups chunky peanut butter

Mix well. Place on greased cookie sheet bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

Seriously what could be better than an oatmeal, peanut butter, chocolate chip cookie with the added bonus of M&M's?

2 comments:

Carissa said...

Awww with that cute face helping you bake how could you go wrong!

Jules and Danny said...

Thanks for sharing the email.