Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Canada Day



Gavin was away on a canoe trip with some friends, so I invited my mom to stay & help with the kids for the weekend :) she was lots of help, & it meant that we'd be able to take the kids out to celebrate Canada Day. I would have done the outing by myself, but her help was much appreciated & things were MUCH easier than they would have been alone. How do single parents manage?


Rare photo of the kids and I together. Not the best, but we are all there!

I love Grayson's little onesie - now I have photos of all 3 of my boys in the  'not only am  I cute, I'm Canadian too' tee. 

Heh- he's just like his Mommy, hates the feeling of grass on his feet! check out those cute toes :)

cute little guy


Cobourg always puts on a great Waterfront festival over the Canada day weekend. This weekend we decided to go on the monday, I thought the kids would enjoying watching the skyhawks and it was likely to be less busy than the day before. Since we would be there anyways, I entered Grayson into the Beautiful Baby contest.
waiting for the beautiful baby contest to start

meeting the judges. grayson had no interest in entertaining these strangers & for the first time probably ever decided not to smile.  Oh well, it was nap time and past snack time so I think he did well enough not to cry! Can you believe he didn't win? I personally believe he is oh so beautiful. My mom was more surprised than I was that he didn't win, that's Grandmas for you! there were hundred's of babies there & so truly the odds weren't in our favor, but it was fun!

watching the skyhawks - Owen loved it!

Of course we did some rides. 

We had a great day! thanks Grandma for coming with us!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

What a fun way to celebrate Canada Day with your amazing boys and their Grandma! Cobourg looks like lots of fun!

Grayson didn't win? What was wrong with those judges? ;o) He's a winner to me every single time!!