Friday, June 29, 2012

Last Day of JK!

My boy had his last day of JK...sniff! I was surprised by how emotional I felt about the last day of school. To say I'm surprised that we made it through the first year without any tears or whining about going to school is an understatement. I truly couldn't have asked for a better start to school for Owen and I made sure to express how grateful I was to Owen's teacher for such a fantastic year! I think she was even about to cry as she expressed how much everyone just loves Owen at school, what a great friend he is for his classmates & what a blessing it was having him in her class :) I really hope he has her for his SK teacher (they have split kindergarten classes) & she said she'd really do her best to keep him in her class.

He brought home an incredible amount of stuff, I'm not sure how he fit everything in his backpack! gifts from the teachers, a huge kindergarten memory scrapbook filled with some artwork & photos taken of him throughout the year, birthday boy gifts & ribbons (they celebrate the students birthdays during the year & celebrated the summer birthdays on the last day), framed photo of the class, poetry books & more!

Great report card, meeting all expectations and wonderful, positive comments about him just made my day! I knew he was doing well, but it was nice to see it in writing. We celebrated the end of school & doing his best work with dinner out. Owen chose his favourite restaurant (Boston Pizza) and he also got an early birthday/year end gift, a bigger kiddie pool for the backyard :)



Owen with his JK teacher. She really is the best & oh so cool! she went to the Aerosmith concert the night before & just had to wear her new t-shirt to school the next day :)

My little boy is growing up - on to SK next year!

Way to go Owen! we are so proud of you :)


1 comment:

Catherine said...

Way to go Owen!! What a great year you had in JK!! Hope you have a wonderful summer and enjoy that pool! Wheee!!!