Monday, August 21, 2006

stalking the agency

I'm officially going nuts.
I have convinced myself that "NO NEWS" = "BAD NEWS"
I have so much trouble believing that our VN rep has been in Vietnam for two weeks and there has been no contact with him. Clearly (to me) there is something wrong with that. I have let myself believe that things are not going smoothly and no one wants to write that so that the people in the office do not have to respond to the mass e- mails and phone calls from waiting parents. This must be what it is. So what do I do instead of wait calmly and patiently? I phone the agency anyways. They will not be darting all of the incoming calls by not e-mailing an update. Somehow this makes me feel better, of course I have to leave a message and hope that someone phones me back. The last time the rep was in Vietnam they had kept in contact with him, what's different now? I'm sure I'm not the only one frustrated with this. If I hear back from them and learn that they have indeed heard from the rep. but didn't report that I'm going to be seriously angry. Listen to me, not knowing anything is making me CRAZY!. Why did I not phone them last week when I had this worry? it would have saved my sanity this week.
For future reference I'm not going to feel badly for phoning my agency we pay them enough money, the least they can do is keep us informed.

No comments: