Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Very Busy





Just wanted to let everyone know that we are well & very busy. Owen is the most mobile & energetic baby in the group & we are still adjusting to the lack of sleep. He goes & goes until he exhuasts himself! Usually we can get him to sleep by 9pm, but on days that we venture out of the hotel we pay for it that night. Last night it was 11:30 before he finally settled & went to sleep.

The past few days have been fun. One day we went shopping in the old quarter. We bought a few things, but mostly just looked around. We were out for over four hours shopping. Then the next night we went for dinner with a friend of Gavin's that lives in Hanoi. He took us to a great local restaurant.I think the name of the restaurant was hava vien. I'll have to check on that. We went with the Mason's & ordered about ten different dishes to share. The food was good & Owen was a hit at the restaurant. The staff are always wanting to carry Owen around, & twice now we've caught him behind the bar serving drinks! I've found most of the food to be very good. There are millions of choices for food & you never know what you are going to get. But, for the most part we have enjoyed everything.

Yesterday we ventured out to Halong Bay. We left at 8am & returned at 8pm. So that's probably why Owen had trouble getting to sleep. Halong Bay was even more beautiful than we expected. The weather is cool here about 14 degrees on average. It would have been nicer if it were a little bit warmer. The caves are magnificant! You can't even imagine how big they are. We took over 200 photos of Halong Bay. Owen was so amazed he had to take a nap (pic above) ;>

Today we are staying in the hotel. we said goodbye to Gavin's dad this morning & now we are on our own here. Thursday we are meeting with our agency rep. & getting the babies passports, then we apply for the visa. We are still expecting to leave Hanoi on Feb.2nd.

9 comments:

Cathy said...

I am so glad to hear you are all doing well and having fun. The pictures you have taken so far have been amazing, Ange I have never seen you look so happy and Owen looks just as happy when being held by either you or Gavin. I look forward to your next update and hope you all keep having a great time.

Catht xoxo

Jules and Danny said...

I'm glad things are going so well. I know you want Owen to sleep... but I would want to spend all of my time holding him and playing with him and looking at him. I can't wait to see some of the pictures when you get home! Give Owen a hug for us!

Jules and Danny

B said...

Good Morning (our time),
It was so nice to see an update this morning...I can hardly wait to meet you at the airport. I hope the visa process goes quickly.

Missing you,
Bev

Uncle Kirk & Aunt Dale said...

I'm glad you are seeing some of the country. Owen is so beautiful. What a great picture of him sleeping with the water in the background. Jim must have hated to leave all of you to come home.

Love
Aunt Dale

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are seeing the sights and Owen is being such a good baby!!! You can't ask for much more than that. Best of luck with Owen's passport and VISA. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Cheryl

Leslie & Shaune said...

I would so love the chance to visit Halong Bay, we'll have to wait and see where we travel to. Love the update and the cute photo of mr man sleeping! Give him hugs and enjoy your last week in VN.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ange and Gavin
Thanks for keeping us up to date . I look every day for news. lol. Owen sure is a beautiful baby. I gave your site to a few girls at work who wanted it. Take Care and have lots of fun.
love
Elaine

B said...

I hope the passports made it into your hands and off to Singapore.

Can we see a little video of the little guy on the move?

Do you take requests?

Bev

Ange said...

I'll work on the video of him dancing tonight. He's such a character. Hopefully if he goes to sleep I can get it posted.