Thursday, January 31, 2008

We're coming home!




As that Daughtry song keeps going through our head, we'll soon be coming back to Canada.

Our time here in Vietnam has gone by so fast and there are still many things we would like to see. I guess they'll have to wait till we come back. I'm thinking maybe in spring or fall next time. A few more sunny days would've helped to get us out on a few more tours.

All in all though, we did come here to get Owen and mission accomplished! We received his Visa today so the only thing stopping us now is a 15hr flight and customs. (Let's hope the customs people are having a good day?!)

A few members of our family and friends are meeting us at the airport when we arrive on Saturday. If anyone would like to join them both of our parents have the flight info.

See everyone soon!

12 comments:

Uncle Kirk & Aunt Dale said...

We are very excited to be meeting Owen and welcoming you home on Saturday. Have a safe journey.

Love
Aunt Dale

Anonymous said...

YEAAAAHHHH You're coming home!!! I can't wait to see you all and meet that beautiful baby boy Owen!!! I wish you a safe and speedy trip home.

Cheryl

Cathy said...

I am SOOOOO happy that everything worked out. I can't wait to see you all on Saturday!

Cathy

Anonymous said...

You finally get to bring your baby home. I wish you all the best on your trip home and I hope Owen adapts well to Canada. It looks like he is coming from a beautiful Country though. Thanks for letting us in on your journey Ange
love
Elaine

Adam and Tirza said...

We are delighted to hear you got the visa and will be home on Saturday!! Can't wait to meet Owen and see you all finally together as a family.

Love,
Tirza & Adam

Jules and Danny said...

YEAH! Hurray, hurray, hurray! I have been listening to your CD almost non-stop! Can't wait to meet Owen. I hope the flight goes as well as can be hoped for!
Jules

Joanne said...

Safe Journey!!
Brian and Joanne

B said...

Seriously, I'm loving those little truck pj's. They look familiar! From one of our famous "What size should I buy?" shopping trips I'm thinking.
Can't wait to see you Saturday. A photo of all three of you together with a Vietnamese background would be nice!!! I want to add it to my blog.

Bev

leslielightfoot said...

wow, your time there has flown by. thanks for sharing your experience there with us. i've enjoyed reading about Owen and the things you've seen while in VN.
Hopefully we can meet in person sometime soon ;)

Sara said...

I am so happy for you, have a wonderful safe trip home.

sara

Tasha Kent said...

Welcome back!!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home. Give me a call when you are settled. There is a lot of mail here for you. I would love to meet Owen when things settle down for the 3 of you.

Beckie