Monday, January 07, 2008

Thanks EG

During this LONG and sometimes very trying wait I've come to realize one thing. Well two things, one I love Owen & my hubby more than anything, & two I've met some of the most wonderful friends during this journey. These past two years have been fillled with meeting bloggy friends that always have a comment of encouragement. I've also met some new friends that are among the strongest most wonderful people I know. The strength, courage and thoughtfulness of these women have been my strength during these two years. The wait was never easy, but it was possible with these women. I am thrilled that Owen's little friends will have the best parents around. I can't wait to have them all together for a group photo.

So with that, a sincere Thankyou. I hope your lives live out your dreams....
Love,
Ange

Spa Day Photo


You feel like a candle in a hurricane
Just like a picture with a broken frame
Alone and helpless
Like you've lost your fight
But you’ll be alright
You’ll be alright

Chorus:
Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend, till you break
Cause its all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you’ve had enough
You get mad you get strong
Wipe your hands shake it off
Then you Stand,
Then you stand

2
Life's like a novel
With the end ripped out
The edge of a canyon
With only one way down
Take what you're given before its gone
Start holding on, keep holding on

Chorus:
Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend, till you break
Cause its all you can take
On your knees you look up
[Stand lyrics on http://www.metrolyrics.com]

Decide you’ve had enough
You get mad you get strong
Wipe your hands shake it off
Then you Stand,
Yeah then you stand.

Bridge:
Everytime you get up
And get back in the race
One more small piece of you
Starts to fall into place
Ooohhh

Chorus:
Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend, till you break
Cause its all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you’ve had enough
You get mad you get strong
Wipe your hands shake it off
Then you Stand,
Then you stand
Yeah then you stand. ~rascal flatts

14 comments:

Leslie & Shaune said...

ooooooooh, ange, i'm jealous. your spa days look wondeful. i recognize a few faces here - great women! i hope we'll meet soon.
i've been counting down your travel date with you, so glad to see you off and on your way soon!

leslie

Jules and Danny said...

From one EG to another... I recognize that photo. I too am glad to have met such wonderful, strong supportive friends. Know that we will all be with you as you fly to Vietnam to meet Owen. And seeing the lyrics to the song let's me see that it is indeed perfect! Happy traveling mate!
Jules

B said...

Ahhh! It's our theme song. You are too sweet.

I'm so glad you updated today so I could comment and point out that you are "leaving on a jet plane" in 5 days. 5 days. Not 5 years, or 5 months or 5 weeks. Just imagine, soon you will be saying 5 hours. Then you will take some gravol. Then it will be 5 minutes. Then you can drink some flat gingerale (my mommy says that settles an upset tummy). Then you will be in the air on the way to that sweet sweet baby boy.

It is really happening.

Teresa and Norm said...

Wow....5 more days Ange!!! I am so darn happy for you! Here's to a great flight, a wonderful union with Owen, and a quick return home as a family!!!! Can't wait to read it all right here!

Carissa said...

I love that song...abouslutely love it and it is perfect!

Anonymous said...

OMG I am so excited for you guys!!! When are you back??? Have a safe trip. I can't wait to meet him.

Anonymous said...

oops that comment was from Beckie :)

Karey said...

I can't WAIT to follow your journey!!! Congrats on your impending travel and new family!

Joanne said...

Hey Ange,
Best of luck to you and Gavin on your trip! I'll be thinking about you the entire time!! Checking daily for updates!!
Joanne

Anonymous said...

Hi Ange and Gavin, I hope you have a wonderful safe trip tomorrow. I am so happy that you are finally going to hold your baby Owen. Hope everything goes well and you are back home before you know it.
Blessings to you all
Love
Elaine

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,
Karen and I are really excited for you as you head to Vietnam. We'll be thinking of you and praying for you,
Mark

B said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susan said...

Safe and happy travels! I can't wait to see photos of you with little Owen. God speed.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.