Thursday, June 18, 2009


Anyone that knows Owen knows of his love for things that "speen around" (spin around), he especially loves ceiling fans. I'm not sure how or why this obsession with fans started, but every time we go shopping we have to take him to the lighting department to check out the fans. I could understand him loving the toy department, but lighting? weird.

Last night in the paper there was a store flyer & there was a page of ceiling fans. Owen wanted to read the flyer before bedtime instead of a book! I should have video taped Gavin reading the flyer to Owen, it was hilarious. Owen was so content to sit there & listen to all of the great deals on fans! This kid is so strange sometimes, makes me love him even more!

4 comments:

Destination Motherhood said...

that's pretty funny, maia has a cake decorating flyer from Michaels that she wants me to read to her!

aunt Meggie said...

What a funny kid! Can't wait to see the little guys this weekend.

B said...

I am sure they spend lots of time looking at the fans going round and round in Hai Duong because my little Manh has developed the same (though perhaps not as obsessive) fascination with fans. No trips to the lighting section of stores quite yet though.

Ange said...

I was thinking it had something to do with orphanage life. Hmmm. He always wants the fan on to go to sleep. I bet seeing the fans at the orphange, spending hours staring at them is definitely how this started. I don't think it started his LOVE of things that spin, but i bet it is something familiar at least.