Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekend Fun

I love the weekend, Gavin is home & things with the kids are so much easier. I don't feel like I'm two steps behind on the weekends. This weekend we went to splash island at the zoo, it was the first weekend since school has been out & the place was packed with kids. Once Owen got wet he really enjoyed himself, at first he found the water too cold. Gavin spent most of the time with Owen in the water while Noah & I relaxed and watched from the sidelines. Owen only wanted daddy to take him in the water, I guess I am good enough during the week, but weekends is daddy time :) Doesn't he know how freakin' long it took me to find a post pregnancy bathing suit? then to not even get a chance to wear it! anyway, I'm sure it was for the best.
Here are a few pics from the zoo.





When we got home Owen helped daddy move the dirt from the fence posts. Unfortunately he moved the dirt into his water table. I am beyond excited that the fence will be done this weekend & my kids will be caged in :)


On sunday we went to our friends Chris & Liz's house. We met up with other adoptive families & families in waiting, one of my very favourite things to do! I can't believe that we didn't get any photos. There were 4 toddlers three and under, a baby and a few 'older kids' it was crazy busy! It's no wonder we didn't get any photos those kids don't sit still long enough! by the tme we were ready to get a group photo it was time for us to leave & sweet baby B was sleeping. Oh well, next time!

1 comment:

Jules and Danny said...

It was a great day yesterday and the zoo is always great. If weekends are "Daddy time", then you actually get a chance to put your feet up for a moment or two.
j