Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sick Boy



Something told me this morning to get ready for the day early, so we were all dressed & showered by 9am. I noticed Owen wheezing after we walked upstairs, I sat with him & read him a couple of books while listening to his breathing to see if things got better. His breathing was still labored so I threw a bottle for Noah & snack for Owen in the diaper bag, & off we went to the walk in clinic. I LOVE the clinic by my house, there is never a wait & half the time my family doctor is in the walk in clinic anyway.

Owen has viral asthma and is on two puffers, one as needed and the other twice daily. We will have a follow up appointment with our family doctor in the next few days. If his symptoms don't get better (obviously they are or I wouldn't be blogging), then we will be off to emerg. He hates the aerochamber & administering the puffers is proving very difficult. I have to sit on him & hold the mask over his face long enough for him to stop crying and take a couple of breaths. Not fun.

Noah was checked out as well. He is fine - slight runny nose - wait it out.

I have to admit I was more than a little panicked this morning. These kind of situations at work are so much easier to deal with than at home. Hopefully in a couple of days he will be rid of this cold & be feeling better.

2 comments:

B said...

Oh, poor sweet Owen...I hope the medicine helps real quick!

Anonymous said...

Drew has viral asthma too! He hates his puffers too but is happy to receive a treat afterwards. The wheezing can be scary but I find that the puffers work wonders!Take care!
Berna