Thursday, February 03, 2011

Baby #3

After an early pregnancy loss in October we are thrilled to be announcing that we are expecting our third baby August 17th/2011! this little baby seems to be doing well and for that we are very thankful. On December 18th we learned of this pregnancy and while we were a little surprised we were also very happy.


check out how strong the test line is! much different than the previous pregnancy we lost - that one was very faint.


Morning sickness kicked in early on at about 5 weeks and while I was feeling queasy most of the time, things seemed worse if I didn't eat often throughout the day. The one difference I've noticed this pregnancy compared to being pregnant with Noah is just how hungry I can get! every two hours or so I have to snack on something or the queasy feeling comes on full force. I didn't gain any weight first trimester first pregnancy but with this one I've already put on three pounds. Luckily my morning sickness has been better since 11 weeks and I've noticed an increase in energy this past week as well. I still go to bed really early usually by 9:30, but I'm not dragging myself through the afternoons anymore :)

At 10 weeks I had my first prenatal appointment with my doctor, she didn't try to listen for a heartbeat as she felt it would be too soon to hear anything. My next prenatal visits will be with the same OB I had before. At just under 11 weeks we had a dating ultrasound and were able to see our little baby bouncing around and kicking his/her legs etc. The dates were right on and I was glad to have the due date confirmed. The ultrasound tech gave us two pictures to take home but they are basically duplicates. The picture doesn't show much but it proves there really is a baby in there!


that "bulge" you see clearly at the bottom of the picture is my bladder about to burst. I didn't even drink nearly the recommended amount of fluid prior to the ultrasound because I learned before that there is no way I can hold that much! the ultrasound tech was like "wow your bladder is full!" seriously how do they expect people to drink that much liquid?

Below are a few pregnancy belly pics. I'm going to try to take them more often this time.

9 weeks



12 weeks


I've noticed that my belly is growing faster this time around or at least the bloating is more :) other than that I haven't noticed too many things different with this pregnancy and I'm hoping that things progress just as smoothly as they did with Noah. We are really excited that our family is growing and we are looking forward to the day we get to meet this little one!

6 comments:

B said...

I vote for a girl...just to even things out a bit in the evil genius camp.

Congratulations to all of you!

Jeff said...

I hope Gavin donated his X chromosome too. Someone to keep the boys in-line.

Catherine said...

So, so happy for you friend!! Happy to know you've shared this with others. Congratulations!!! Could not be happier for you!

PS - Don't know where you're hiding that belly when I'm there. I've been looking and still don't see it. You look beautiful! Heh....wonder if/when Hannah will notice?

SO glad you were feeling this week! Based on how our kiddos were all feeling, you needed all the strength you could muster purely to survive the whining. You're absolutely amazing and I am thankful for you daily, for the care that you give Hannah.

Unknown said...

So exciting!!! We can't wait to meet baby #3. I love our brood of boys but it would be lovely to add a girl too. :o)

I learned that hard lesson with the full bladder ultrasounds too. Now I only drink about half a regular water bottle. What they tell you to drink is completely rediculous!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Maybe by the time the 3rd baby comes we can have a play date!!!!!
Bern

Kaila said...

I'm super excited for you guys and look forward to meeting my little niece or nephew. I love how all our kids can play with eachother and grow up loving their cousins :)