Wednesday, March 16, 2011

18 Weeks



I think it's safe to say that my belly has officially "popped" it happened around the 17th week, last time I think I was closer to the 20 week mark before you could tell I was pregnant. I've been really busy the last couple of weeks with our trip to Disney and a few outings this week with lots of walking, so I've had some fairly bad hip pain in the evenings. I'm sure it looks like I'm full term the way I limp and waddle around some nights but the pain makes it difficult to walk properly. Also, on our drive home from Disney I had some cramping that was stronger than I'd experienced so far this pregnancy and I have to say I was a bit worried. I figured that once I got some rest it would go away and luckily that's what happened. I'm assuming the cramps were caused because of lack of rest and days of walking around Walt Disney World, I was thinking it was too early for braxton hicks but I'll ask my O.B about it at my appointment next tuesday.

This baby sure has been kicking lots lately, the little kicks feel like pokes and are more obvious this past week than the fluttering feeling before.

This friday we have our over 18 week ultrasound and we are looking forward to (hopefully) finding out if the baby is a boy or girl! Any guesses as to what we're having? Lately I've been feeling it's a girl but I was wrong last time around so I wouldn't trust my gut instincts. Either way we''re really excited about the new baby and are looking forward to meeting him or her!

3 comments:

Kaila Deyell said...

Love the belly shot! you look great! I think it's a girl!!!! Actually I am very confident that it's a girl!!!! Can't wait to find out, i'm just as excited as when we found out for ours :)

Catherine said...

I can say this week I've noticed your adorable little bump when picking up Hannah.

So thankful that the cramping stopped. Scary I'm sure!!

My guess is girl!

Unknown said...

My fingers are crossed for a girl! It would be so nice to have neice, but another healthy boy would be wonderful too. :o)