Friday, March 18, 2011

At 1:30 today I had my over 18 week ultrasound, we were really excited to get to see the baby again! I drank orange juice instead of water in hopes to get the baby moving around. The ultrasound tech we had was the same one I had with my first ultrasound with Noah and the first time around I didn't find her very pleasant, this time around was much different - she was actually very cheerful. Right away she asked if we would want to find out the gender and I told her we would want to know. Immediately she said the baby had it's hands between it's legs covering that part - so it must be a boy ;)

Moments later the baby moved and....





















We are really excited to find out we are expecting another boy - but it will take some time to get used to the idea of being totally outnumbered in the household! The ultrasound lasted much longer than my first one, probably close to an hour to measure everything. I'm guessing if there are any problems my O.B will have the results at my next appointment on Tuesday morning.
The ultrasound tech made sure we knew it was only a "guess" but she sounded confident and from what we could see there was definitely something boyish there :)

Below are the pictures from our ultrasound today








The baby kept opening his mouth like he wanted to say something or perhaps eat something :) maybe that's why I've been so hungry?


foot


hand


Our baby boy seems very active in there and moved non stop, he should fit right in with this family! We can't wait until August to meet our sweet boy!

3 comments:

B said...

Very very exciting!

Unknown said...

Yay for our growing clan of boys!!! Congrats; we can't wait to meet him either. :o)

Catherine said...

Congratulations!! Cannot wait to meet your newest little bundle of love!