Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Camping

Camping with the kids just gets better each year! they LOVE it & enjoy spending time with their cousins. As they get older they play together so much better and can entertain themselves quite easily. Dare I say that it actually felt like a mini vacation, with some down time to sit & relax? I see more of that in future camping trips & oh I can not wait! of course it helped that Gavin's family was there and there were many extra eyes and hands to help out with the kids.

Grayson enjoyed his first camping experience and I don't think he even cried once while we were there! I was worried about keeping him entertained and trying to keep him out of trouble but everything went well and he had fun. 

I'm wishing I'd taken a photo of our van all packed up! seriously it was packed to the rough & then more on top of the roof! not an ounce of space left for anything else. I'm not really sure how it all fit, but somehow Gavin managed to get everything in, it was like putting together a giant puzzle!




Grayson enjoyed a nice long nap on the beach towel! I have a similar photo of Noah & I love these 'repeat baby' experiences. I'm really trying to savor these sweet moments as I don't expect them to repeat again. If only I could keep him small forever!

first time swimming - he wasn't a fan immediately but warmed up quickly. 

enjoying some cousin quiet time. I don't think we hear the words quiet & cousins in the same sentence often!

Noah enjoying his supper!

I LOVE how messy he gets while camping. dirt smeared all over his face doesn't bother him one bit.

mmmm roasting marshmallows, probably owen's favourite thing about camping. he and I share a deep love for smore's! I was happy that there were so many kids willing to make them for the adults, all we had to do was sit & watch!

silly boys thought that cool boys don't wear shirts! check out how Noah has his .


Kian enjoying some time at the play structure. 

Noah playing with one of the only toys that was brought camping!

I think Kian actually beat out Noah as the messiest kid this year!

lounging in the hammock. 

Grayson liked sitting in the big boy chair.

Aunt Meggie was on kid duty much of the time! thanks Meggie!


Carson & Owen - these two are good buddies and Owen  enjoys playing with his older cousin , they really get along so well. 

family photo just before leaving!

We had such a great time this year & look forward to next year's trip already.

No comments: