Thursday, September 13, 2012

13 Months

13 Months Old! and I've got a full time walker on my hands now :) he prefers to be on his feet at all times and rarely crawls anymore. He had a week of really terrible sleep & I was sure his teeth were coming in, but he still has none! His gums are sooo swollen and I can feel some bumps under there - so they must be there right? HIs hair has been growing like a weed and is starting to get hard to manage. I expect a first hair cut not to be too far in the future, just another sign that he's growing up. 



Grayson has taken to Homogenized milk well and gets one bottle in the morning and another in the evening. I still nurse him late afternoon, before bed & if he wakes at night to nurse - which is usually just once these past few days YAY! He did have 1 night that he slept through the night & I was shocked when I woke up in the morning and realized he'd slept for 10 hours! pure bliss I tell you. He seems to be weaning himself from nursing and I'm a bit sad to move forward and lose yet another baby phase, but I'm focusing on how much fun he's becoming & watching him learn new things every day :)

We've been putting him in his crib for some naps and when he goes to bed at night, but we aren't very diligent about it. He usually sleeps most of his naps beside me on the couch & sleeps most of the night  cuddled up between mommy & daddy. 

it's hard to get photos of Grayson because he constantly gets up and walks towards the camera!

his very favourite toy - his new ball from Papa!

He's started eating more foods that we are having for meals just cut up really tiny, but for the most part still has baby food. 

Just recently he's started giving big open mouth kisses and his new words are "mama, dada, baba (bottle or nursing),& ba or baba for ball" as soon as he sees a ball he starts saying ball and wanting to play with it. 

I had a couple of new daycare kids start at the end of August & they are working out great with my kids and the current daycare group. Grayson has been showing some jealousy though with the little girl, she's only a month older than him. Hopefully that settles down soon when they all get used to our new normal - suddenly my baby has to wait for things and he's not liking that too much!

updated with walking video :)


Happy 13 Months Baby!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Happy 13 months smiley boy! What a sweetie you are!

Way to go letting Mommy get a full night's sleep. Let's hope that's just the begging of many sleeps for mommy.