Sunday, January 11, 2009

34 weeks

The countdown is on! I've handed in my maternity leave letter & I'm anticipating my last day of work to be January 31st. I will then be on vacation until mid february, then start maternity leave after that. I'm really looking forward to being off, I've noticed that I have been more tired this trimester.

Things continue to be well with the pregnancy. Everything seems to be on track even though the doctor says I am measuring about 1.5 weeks behind. He is not concerned, anything within 2 weeks is within the normal range. He also mentioned that he would be surprised if the baby weighs 12 pounds! i am happy to hear that ;)

This past week I started drinking red raspberry leaf tea. I've known people that drank it during the last weeks of pregnancy & they swear by it. Our prenatal instructor really believes in it as well. I've started drinking one cup in the evening, & next week I will try & drink 2-3 cups a day. In my opinion it tastes awful, but it is drinkable with lots of honey added to it.

I've started to collect some things for my hospital bag & I'm guessing that by the end of the week I will be packed just in case.
Today we purchased a few newborn outfits, 3 pink & 3 blue. I'll leave the baby clothes at home & when the baby is born I will have someone wash the ones we need & bring them to the hospital. The only big purchase left to get is a double stroller. We are having trouble finding the perfect stroller, they all seem to have something about them we don't like. Right now it looks like the phil&teds might be the one we are leaning towards. I just really wish that it had cup holders & was suitable for an infant car seat. The reason we are thinking about this one is because we can continue to use it after Owen has outgrown the stroller stage.

Here are some recent belly pictures.

32 weeks


34weeks2d

2 comments:

Jules and Danny said...

Gosh, all baby! I, too, would be surprised if you had a 12 lb baby... aghhhhhh! I am still in awe of you working full time nights at such a physically demanding job and having Owen at home and being so pregnant. No doubt that you are feeling more tired.
The 31st is quickly approaching and then the fog lifts again... for a long, long time!
Eagerly awaiting the new baby's arrival,
Jules

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, you must be so excited!