Friday, January 23, 2009

36 week baby update

The doctor thinks the baby is measuring small for the gestational age. Starting next week I have to go to the hospital weekly for Non Stress Tests , & I also have my O.B appointments weekly (that is expected around 37 weeks). I am also being sent for another ultrasound on February 4th to check the growth of the baby. This does not change the due date, they just want to make sure that things are within the normal range. It is expected that things will be fine with the baby, that the baby is likely smaller than average because I am quite small as well. It has us a little worried, but we are hopeful that things will turn out fine. We will know more in the coming week or two.

Braxton Hicks contractions are increasing in frequency this week & I have also been nesting. It is driving me crazy that I don't have the time to clean my house ( I REALLY want to clean out closets & cupboards), but I am focusing on getting some much needed rest. As of the end of the month I will be starting vacation, & I will have more time to get some things done around here. I have a strong suspicion this baby will arrive earlier than the 19th of February. I just hope I didn't jinx myself & will now end up going overdue. Of course it is most important that the baby is healthy.

36w2d

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ange,

Hopefully everything is okay. I suspect you're right about the baby being small 'cause of your size.

C'mon Gav, time to clean out those cupboards! ;-)

Thinking about you guys!
Love Jeff

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to add that a friend of mine just had a baby last week at 9 lbs 14 oz. (Ouch) Could be nice that it's not the opposite.

Jules and Danny said...

I just can't picture you having a big baby... where would he/she grow???? It makes sense for you to have a smaller baby... I pray that everything is okay!

And things will clean out soon enough... just make sure you rest as per doctor's orders.

Jules

Anonymous said...

I would not be to worried about what the doctor said about the size.They don't know everything.
I had my first one and the doctor said the baby was average size(which is around 8lbs I guess) and when Liam was born he was 5lbs 15oz
small but healthy. you don't want to give birth to a 9 or 10 pounder.

Samantha said...

I wonder if we will meet our babies on the same day!