Thursday, August 11, 2011

39 Weeks

I had an O.B appointment yesterday afternoon and was almost 4cm dilated already! I was told that active labour will kick in quick when it starts up and that things should move along fairly quickly. They suspected that I'd be in labour within 24 hours but so far I'm still at home. I had some cramping that increased in strength last night but then subsided and I've had some stronger contractions this afternoon. I'm hoping it will keep up and we get to meet this little baby later tonight! It sounds like it should be soon - so we'll see when he feels like making his appearance.

I went for a walk this morning and had some spicy food for lunch. During lunch i felt some strong contractions but they have eased off a little. Hopefully after one more good walk he'll be ready and then it's baby time! Gavin ended up going to work today but wasn't sure if he should. I've got my mom here just incase things happen fast and Jim and Meggie came by and are helping with the boys. The help is much appreciated! It's much easier to focus on labour without having to worry about the boys too.

39 Week belly pic - possibly the last one? I booked my 40 week O.B appointment but they don't expect to see me at it.



4 comments:

Samantha said...

Hi baby! Come on out!

Catherine said...

Thinking of you and prayed for you so often today! Cannot wait to meet your adorable baby boy!!!

Unknown said...

Just saw this post! Soooo exciting!! We can't wait to hear the latest.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck :)
It will all be over before you know it....and this beautiful baby will be here!!!!
Bern