Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day! 
We had a great Valentine's Day! the boys woke up in the morning to find some treats awaiting them at the kitchen table. They loved their kinder eggs and valentine stuffed animal. I put together a quick valentine's lunch to send with Owen to school, see the photo below :) the daycare kids, Noah and Grayson had the same lunch, along with some fruit punch. 
Owen liked his surprise lunch but I think he liked his heart shaped mini chocolate the best :) I don't send treats to school often, only on special days.

On wednesday, Noah had preschool and they handed out valentines to their friends. I was impressed with how well he has been writing his name.
After seeing many cute valentine ideas on pinterest, I decided on these 'love bug' ones for Owen's classmates. He was excited to hand them out & a few of the moms asked me where the idea came from they liked them so much lol. Owen wore his "Hello My name is Heartbreaker" shirt to school in celebration of Valentine's day and apparently received many 'thumbs up' from the teachers, some even checked the label on his shirt to see where it was from. I do have to admit to thinking he is going to be a heartbreaker when he's older. 


I saw a recipe for 'cake mix' cookies on-line. The recipe called for strawberry cake mix, but we don't sell that in Canada, or at least I couldn't find it anywhere. I settled on Cherry Chip cake mix and other than that and adding 1 drop of food colouring, followed the recipe. They looked good - but tasted awful! even the kids only ate one each :)




Gavin and I ended the evening with a nice dinner after the kids went to bed. It was a nice 'date night' at home. So much love for my family! 

No comments: