Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Chuc Mung Nam Moi

Mary an adoptive mom hosted this years Tet party (Vietnamese New Year), & what a wonderful party it was! Complete with crafts for the kids, gifts for the kids, a pinata, dragon dance parade, tons of food, & fireworks at dark. We missed out on the fireworks this year, it was getting late & I thought Owen had partied enough. Truth be told, I think we were all worn out from chasing Owen around the party!

There is a fundraiser every year to help Vietnamese families in Vietnam. This years fundraiser helped to purchase a water buffalo for a needy family in Vietnam. Money raised went to the TDH water buffalo project. What a perfect fundraiser for the year of the water buffalo.

I was a little hesitant about the party being so close to my due date for fear I would go into labour. Good friends of ours Julia & Danny offered to drive with Owen & I, & also be a second and third set of hands to help out with Owen. How could I resist?
I think Danny was surprised by how "active" Owen can be, at one point he said " Owen doesn't have a dimmer switch does he? he's either on or off!" Very true Danny!

Owen sure enjoyed the food!


Dragon Dance Parade


The children waiting for their Tet presents. (Owen went & sat at the front of the group. He didn't want to miss out!)


Water Buffalo (This years Tet present, that Liz brought back from her trip to Vietnam)


Thanks Mary! we are already looking forward to next years celebration.

2 comments:

Jules and Danny said...

It was a great, if slightly overwhelming, event. And, I just love watching Danny with Owen... it makes me smile and think good thoughts about when our turn gets here. We're glad to help out at any time.

Is this post #11 for this year then?

Jules

Anonymous said...

Wow Owen is getting so big! He is absolutely adorable!