Saturday, February 14, 2009

Soon?

Last night around 11pm, I noticed quite a bit more blood. I called Labour & Delivery because I wasn't sure how much blood was considered OK. I figured I was over-reacting, but it was better to be safe & check with the nurses. The nurse on duty seemed to think that it is the beginning of labour & things will likely happen within 24 - 48 hours. She never mentioned that it could take up to 2 weeks like the O.B did yesterday. From what I have read it does usually happen within days, but can be longer for some people.

I surprised myself & was able to sleep from 12 until 4. Then we were up discussing if Gavin should go to his friends wedding today , he's in the wedding party. Because any contractions I was feeling were not strong enough to keep me awake, or regular enough, it was determined that he would go to the wedding & I will call if I need to have him come home. He is not far away, only about an hour or so. I decided it was best for me to stay home today & rest with Owen, in hopes that if delivery is tonight or tomorrow, that I am a little more rested.

Today, there has been a little more bleeding but not as heavy as last night. I'm hoping things do progress over the next day or two & this baby doesn't wait that much longer. Things are definitely moving forward though!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very exciting!! Please give us a call if you need anything!

Jules and Danny said...

Yay, yay, yay! That baby is coming... I can't wait!

Jules