Friday, February 13, 2009

Dr Appointment Update

Warning TMI ahead, if you are bothered by pregnancy/birth "stuff" just stop reading.
So, some possible signs that things are progressing are 1) increased energy level on wednesday, some slight nausea, very active baby. 2) Thursday i was exhausted, increased nausea, very painful hips & groin, very active baby, 3) this morning I lost my "mucous plug" had "bloody show", increased nausea, overall not feeling well.

The Dr. explained that things are progressing well & on time. The loss of the mucous plug, can happen up to two weeks before, & while it is a positive sign of progression it doesn't mean that labour is imminent. He will check my cervix at next weeks exam on thursday, if I am not in the hospital before that. Besides that there is nothing more than to wait for regular (5min apart) contractions that last for an hour, my water breaking or bright red blood. Any of these signs mean to get to the hospital. My O.B will allow you to go a week - ten days over due before an induction date is set. With how I've been feeling the last couple of days, I don't think it will get to that point but you never know.

3 comments:

Jules and Danny said...

Hurray all good signs!!!! Can't wait!
Jules

B said...

Julia has my weekend number...jsut in case. Exciting times ahead!!!

Heather said...

Yup, Bloody show means about 2 weeks. Sounds like things are progressing. Getting close. Is big brother Owen excited?

Cheers,
Heather